Feeling helpless about climate change? We have some answers for you!
Starting on Monday, April 19, at 6 p.m., Ridgefield Action Committee for the Environment (RACE) and Ridgefield Library present a series of six weekly Zoom sessions on Making Smart Energy Choices. The presenters are Ridgefielders with experience in these topics. RACE serves in an advisory capacity to Ridgefield's Board of Selectmen. RACE’s mission is to raise awareness, educate and bring about actions that can be taken to become smarter about energy use, be good stewards to our natural resources and reduce waste.
- April 19 - Modelling solutions to Climate Change – find out what works and what doesn’t with Roberta Barbieri
- April 26 - Installing a Solar System on Your Home with Dwayne Escola
- May 3 - How to Get a Free Energy Audit with Gavin Watson
- May 10 - Replacing Your Oil Furnace and HVAC with Geothermal with Beth Ingram
- May 17 - Replacing Your Oil Furnace with an Air Source Heat Pump with Gavin Watson
- May 24 - Electric Vehicle Charging for the Curious with Vincent Giordano - Thinking about buying/leasing an electric vehicle but hesitant about charging -- Got range anxiety? Learn the differences in AC level 1 and 2 charging, DC fast charging; how to easily find charging; subsidies for charging; and why different cars take different amounts of time to charge.
Vincent Giordano is a retired environmental attorney. He was a rule writer and enforcement attorney for the US EPA for 8 years and an attorney for GE with global responsibilities for 26 years. He has an 8 kWp solar array on his roof, a plug in hybrid in his driveway, and a level 2 charger in his garage. Riding with solar power in the tank!
By registering for one of the upcoming sessions you will be able to attend any or all of the programs in the series. You will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation and reminder emails.
The Ridgefield Library cannot guarantee your security or privacy on third party websites or applications.