Feeling helpless about climate change? We have some answers for you!
Starting on Monday, April 19, at 6 p.m., Ridgefield Action Committee for the Environment (RACE) and Ridgefield Library present a series of six weekly Zoom sessions on Making Smart Energy Choices. The presenters are Ridgefielders with experience in these topics. RACE serves in an advisory capacity to Ridgefield's Board of Selectmen. RACE’s mission is to raise awareness, educate and bring about actions that can be taken to become smarter about energy use, be good stewards to our natural resources and reduce waste.
- April 19 - Modelling solutions to Climate Change – find out what works and what doesn’t with Roberta Barbieri
- April 26 - Installing a Solar System on Your Home with Dwayne Escola
- May 3 - How to Get a Free Energy Audit with Gavin Watson
- May 10 - Replacing Your Oil Furnace and HVAC with Geothermal with Beth Ingram
- May 17 - Replacing Your Oil Furnace with an Air Source Heat Pump with Gavin Watson - Are you interested in reducing your impact on climate change? Instead of using energy to create heat, what if we could just take it from one place and move it to another? That is what a heat pump does. It moves heat from inside to outside in the summer and from outside to inside in the winter. It turns out that it only takes about 1/3 of the energy to move the heat compared to the energy required to create it. Air source heat pumps are becoming less expensive and come in more varieties than ever before. You can even use this technology to make hot water by moving the heat from the air in your basement into your water heater. Join us virtually as we talk about how these work and what options are available now and on the near horizon.
- May 24 - Electric Vehicle Charging for the Curious with Vincent Giordano
By registering for one of the upcoming sessions you will be able to attend any or all of the programs in the series. You will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation and reminder emails.
The Ridgefield Library cannot guarantee your security or privacy on third party websites or applications.